Welcome to ChR’s music theory repository
About this website
This site is an ever-growing project. Further exercises will be added continuously over the next months.
At this place you’ll find some materials that I hope will be helpful for you when you’re studying music.
About its editor
Christoph Renhart is a composer and pianist based in Graz, Austria. He teaches music theory as a Senior Lecturer at the University of Music and Performing Arts in Graz.
- Fill-in-the-blank rhythmsFive rhythms in different meters – fill in the missing note values.
- A famous theme by SchubertListen to the beginning of the second movement of a Franz Schubert’s string quartet D 810.
- Easy melody with skipsNotate the melody of a waltz by Schubert. The left hand is given.
- Rhythms in 3-4-timeRhythms in 3-4-time. Notate the claves and the guiro.
- Notes & ClefsA short chapter about notes, staffs, clefs and the basics of the Western notation.